Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reflections4Life: "Unspeakable Pain"

Reflections4Life June 22nd, 2014
Unspeakable Pain”
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:29-30
Scripture Contemplation: Matthew 5:4; Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 18:2, 28; Psalm 27:4-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Lamentations 3:31-33;1 Peter 1:3-9; John 14:1-4; Revelation 21:4...
There are times when our hearts just hurt so bad, we do not know if or how we will ever recover. The pain coursing through our soul can feel restricting; binding us up in heartache and pain until it feels like we will crumble and perhaps even perish under the weight of it all.
It is unspeakable pain. The kind of pain that you have no words for. The kind of pain that cannot ever be properly describe, because the hurt and pain is so deep and jarring, that it not only leaves you speechless, it renders you incapable of thinking of most anything else. What do you do with this kind of pain? This kind of grief? You give it to God. Sounds to easy. Yet, the answer will always be to give it to Jesus. Because, He, better than any other knows exactly what you need to make it through.
I declare and decree that this week's Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. Though the pain you may be experiencing at this current moment seems unbearable; though it may seem like it will never go away; trust God to be the arms you run to. Trust the Father to console you, and give your heart rest in the midst of the storm. He will never fail you. He knows just what you need.
Matthew 5:4 (MSG) “You’re blessed when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.”
Psalm 27:4-5 (NASB) One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock.
God is able too take you through all and everything that comes at you in this life. When the pain is so heavy and seems unbearable, do not count God out of the equation. He is able to bring you through. He is able to keep you and cover you. He is able to soothe you, and comfort you as no other. He knows you. He knows your heart. He knows what you need. Even when you feel what you need the most you have just lost, or are losing. God is able to take your pain and make sense of it. It may not be today, tomorrow, or a month or year from now. But you will receive understanding, and look back at this moment in your life, and know what it is you needed to learn and receive through the unspeakable pain.
Pain can be crippling, and it can also be liberating. Pain can propel us into action. It all depends upon how we deal with pain in our lives. There was a time when I used pain to propel me further in my life. I would take the pain, and use it as energy and determination to do what I needed to do. Yet, there was only one thing I was doing wrong. I wasn't dealing with the pain. Although the pain stirred me to action, I put the cause of the pain in the back of my mind and didn't confront the hurt. I did not bring it to the Father so that it could be addressed and dealt with. I was short changing myself from having healing and comfort through it all; causing myself to become emotionally crippled. Unable to express what it was I was feeling inside. Unable to articulate what emotion I was feeling and why.
There are those who withdraw from the world and life in general when they face unspeakable pain. It is too much to bear. Too much to think about. And the pain is so heavy they are unable to deal with anything else in their lives. The pain is not only unspeakable, but unbearable, so they find themselves cutting themselves off from life. I found myself in this situation, as well. As I got older, and suffered so much loss and pain; I was on emotional overload, and pain overdose. It was just too much. And I battled with depression. I withdrew from the things I loved doing. My prayer life even suffered. I felt out of sorts all the time. And I knew if one more thing happened, I would die. That is how excruciating the pain was.
Yet, God was there through it all. He remains my anchor. What I learned, and now know for certain is that, we can get through all things; all pain and adversity, when we take it to God. No. Things don't just become all sunny and rosy. But we can have confidence in knowing that God is right there with us. We can have joy in the midst of sorrow if our focus shifts from the pain, to the Healer of the pain.
Allow the pain to propel you forward by, placing it all in God's hands and dealing with the source of the pain. Withdraw into the arms of God, but not from life. Yield to the Father, and allow Him to navigate the torrent of emotions and crippling pain that you may be currently facing, with the knowledge and understanding that God will see you through. That, He will not allow you to walk through this minefield of pain without being your Buffer, and your Soother; your Counselor in the times of trouble, bringing comfort and understanding to your soul. You just have to trust Him. Trust God to do what He does best: Love on you.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (MSG) “All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort—we get a full measure of that, too.”
I decree that the spirit of peace and prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. No matter how deep the hurt. How unspeakable the pain. God will and can bring you through if you would trust Him to do so. Though it may seem like this pain will swallow you whole; know that it will not. It will make you stronger, and give you the wisdom to be the anchor for someone that will experience what you are going through now. Let the pain propel you, teach you, and strengthen you, by yielding to the Father. Allowing Him to bring you through this storm; being your anchor and your Healer. No One loves you more than God, or knows just what you need. You are Blessed. Now Go...and Be a Blessing!
©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.











No comments: