Sunday, June 08, 2014

Reflections4Life: "I Must Tell Jesus"

Reflections4Life June 8th, 2014
I Must Tell Jesus”
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
Scripture Contemplation: Exodus 6:5-8; Isaiah 58:6; Habakkuk 3:19; Matthew 11:28-30; Romans 15:1-3; Galatians 6:1-3...
There is so much that is going on in our lives today. So many burdens we are carrying that, God just wants us to release. Often, we are telling the wrong people our problems. We are looking to man when God is the only one who can help, and lead us in the right direction.
There is nothing wrong with seeking help from others. Nothing wrong with sharing your burdens with the ones you love. However, God desires to be first. The less we take it to Jesus and lay at His feet, the heavier our burden gets, the tighter the yoke feels, because though our loved ones may care, and have good suggestions and intentions, it will always be the Father that knows best.
I declare and decree that this week's Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. Release your fears. Release your burdens. Cast them upon the Father. He knows just what to do. Let God be your first go to, and allow Him to lead you where you need to go. God cares for you. He loves you best.
I can't count the times my mouth has stayed shut because of the hurt that my heart has felt. I am not one to tell my burdens and my problems to anyone. I am not the one to get on a phone or email what hardships or heartaches I may be experiencing at the time. I am a hoarder of my emotions. Very seldom do I let that dam break, allowing my emotions and heartache to flow. Usually I will write the pain out. But, when I find my pen still, and my mouth remains closed; I know that I have shut down emotionally, and haven't even taken it to Jesus. And that, my beloveds, is not good. It is the worst thing that I could do.
Many times, pain and hurt will cause you to lash out or withdraw. I seldom lash out, but I will withdraw very quickly. Hiding myself, my emotions. And if I am not careful, limiting my time in the presence of God. And that is exactly what the enemy wants: to separate us from God. For us to keep our mouths and hearts closed to the Father; concentrating on the hurt and pain until we are locked in a perpetual state of hurt, becoming acclimated to the pain; diving headlong into a spirit of self-pity and angst, until we can no longer hear the voice of God, recognize who we are, and become so depressed that we stop living and stop believing; stop having faith in God.
There is only one solution to this: We must tell Jesus. Sure, it may sound so simple; so easy. And the truth of it is: It really is just that easy as telling Jesus what's going on. Casting all your cares and concerns at His feet. The hard part will be to leave it there. To trust Him to take care of it. But, it is very easy to open our mouths. Because no matter what you may think, believe, or have heard; God is always there. He is always present to hear our requests, to take upon Himself our burdens. To, lead in the direction we should go. To, lead us to the right people that can assist us in our times of need.
Here's what I know for certain: When my heart is overwhelmed, and I feel the walls closing in on me, my first instinct is to shut down—emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually. Every part of me desires to be numb; to not “feel” anything. But not feeling is not living. It is a false state of being. Going numb only prolongs what it is that we need to face and deal with. Problems do not go away or get solved by shutting down our emotions or our mind. They grow, until it consumes us, and every thing we do, every single moment of our lives. But when I released it to Jesus. Told Him all of it. Confessed to Him everything; every hurt, pain, disappointment, heartache; I felt a lightness in my chest. I felt warm in my soul once again. No. Things did not get better immediately, but over time. And with each moment spent in the presence of God, my burden became lighter. The chains wrapped around my heart and spirit, lifted. When I dared to praise God, though my flesh said it couldn't; the blessings of peace and calmness surely did come down.
I implore you to tell Jesus all of it. Pour out your heart and soul. Lay it at His feet. He is there to carry your burdens. To take away that yoke of pain and heaviness. We hold onto things, and carry things that we do not have to. We take on the problems of this world, and hold and nurture them as though they were our babies. Well, they're not. And it's time to let it all go. Tell it all to Jesus, and let Him take over.


I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me,
He ever loves and cares for His own.
Refrain:
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles,
He is a kind, compassionate Friend;
If I but ask Him He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.
Tempted and tried I need a great Savior,
One who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus:
He all my cares and sorrows will share.
What must I do when worldliness calls me?
What must I do when tempted to sin?
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the vict’ry to win.
I decree that the spirit of peace and of prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. Tell it to Jesus. Lay it all on the line. Do not hold onto all that pain and hurt. Release those burdens into the Father's capable hands. Do not allow yourself to become so overwhelmed, that you cannot see or take the hand of God that He has stretched forth towards you. He loves you more than you know. And there is nothing to difficult for the Father to take on. Not when it comes to you! You are Blessed. Now go...and Be a Blessing!

©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All rights Reserved.

No comments: