Sunday, March 19, 2017

"Did You Ask?"

Reflections4Life March 19, 2017
“Did You Ask?”
“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you…” Matthew 7:7
Scripture Contemplation: Deuteronomy 32:7; Joshua 9; 1Samuel 1; Esther 5; Philippians 4:6…
©Ruthe McDonald.

I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and enlightenment for your heart, mind, and soul; bringing you peace in every area of your life. Do not be afraid to make your petitions to Lord be known. Let this week find you walking in confidence and faith. Believe in God to answer your requests. Spend intimate with the Father so He may fill you with His wisdom.
Do we really ask for what we want, anymore? Do we ask God what He thinks; for His wisdom? Has disappointment and unanswered prayers kept us from asking God for what we desire? Do we no longer seek God for His instructions? Many have suffered disappointments. They find their faith, not at a level it may have been once before. Yet, God will remind us to ask; to speak aloud and ask for what we want and to ask for His wisdom.
There have been times when God has asked me, did you ask for what you want? Did you ask for My wisdom or opinion? I had to ask myself, did I ask God? Did I submit my petition to the Lord? Did I seek His counsel before doing forward with certain plans? Did I assume the answer would be no, or the prayer was not going to be answered? Did I think this was the will of God for me?  I had to search myself. Because there are times when my faith has not been on the level it should have been, and times I have acted hastily without seeking His counsel. Sometimes the cares of this world can overwhelm us that we begin to move with the current of the world, and not the current of God. We forget the promises, we stop seeking His will, we succumb to what only our natural eyes can see, and we often forget about all the answered prayers we previously received, Our memory becomes shortened because we have moved out of faith and have begun to walk by sight.
It is not hard to overlook the one simple act of actually asking. When we are caught up in the way things appear to be, often times God is the last One we go to. When we seek Him, we are not asking or seeking, but instead telling God what we need, and informing Him of made up plans. I am guilty of this behavior. I either have asked but did not believe or have confidence in what I was asking for. Or, I did not ask God or seek His will, and went ahead with plans that were not favorable or what God desired for me.
1 John 5:14-15 (AKJV) 14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us: 15 and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Jeremiah 29:11-12 (AKJV) 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
For many of us, our confidence has dwindled. We no longer ask boldly or according to God’s will for our lives because we have not spent any quality time in the presence of our God to know His will for our lives. We lack understanding, faith, courage, and wisdom. We have no confidence in God; no confidence that He will answer when we ask. We have come to this sad conclusion because we do not know God. We have no knowledge of who our Father truly is. If we have no knowledge of who He truly is, then how can we ask and believe that whatever we ask for, He will give it to us. How can we know that He blesses our plans?
Beloveds, it is time to seek the will of God for our lives. It is time to ask God to fill us with His knowledge and wisdom. So, that we will understand and believe in our hearts that whatever we come to Him for, He will indeed answer us. We have been on a lone search for answers for far too long. Too many of us are crashing and burning when all we need to do is seek God. Seek His will, the Kingdom of Heaven, and ask God in confidence for what we want.
We have made decisions in our lives and wonder at our failures or the uncomfortable situations we find ourselves in. This is when we ask ourselves, did I ask? Did I ask God for direction, His will, and His instructions? Or, did I just do what I wanted or what someone else said I should do without seeking wise counsel?
The pendulum swings both ways. Will we receive everything we ask for? No. For those with children, would you give your children everything they asked for? God has given us freedom to choose. That includes the paths we take. Whether or not we desire to listen and heed to His counsel. We cannot blame God for the actions we take when have not sought Him or His will. When we have not asked for what we want, or for His directions.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity finds permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. God will answer, and sometimes His answers are not what we were expecting, but He is answering. Be confident in knowing that God does hear you. Never allow fear to keep your heart closed to a Father that only desires the best for you; whether you are seeking an answered request or His wisdom concerning a situation or direction; ask. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
©2017. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.


No comments: