Sunday, January 29, 2017

"Just Listen"

Reflections4Life January 29, 2017
“Just Listen”
“…he wise will hear and increase their learning, and the person of understanding will acquire wise counsel and the skill [to steer his course wisely and lead others to the truth]…” Proverbs 1:5 (AMP)
Scripture Contemplation: Genesis 26; Deuteronomy 4:30; Psalm 54; John 10; James 1; 1 John 4

Have you ever just wanted someone just to listen to you? You did not want them to give advice, to tell you their opinion, or even answer any questions you may have stated. You just need someone to listen to you. To hear your heart and the words that are coming from your soul. Sometimes, Beloved, that is what God desires from us; for us to just listen.
I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and enlightenment for your heart, mind, and soul; bringing you peace in every area of your life. Though you may have many things running through your mind, and questions you want answered, I implore to take some time this week just to listen. Listen to what the Father wants to say to you without interjecting. God desires to speak a word to your soul, but He needs for you to get still and really open your ears and heart to listen to what the Father wants to tell you.
I am guilty, Beloveds, of being on both ends of the spectrum—of wanting to speak the contents of my heart and soul without any commentary on what I had to say. I just needed for the person to hear my heart; to truly hear what I was saying and understand me and where I was coming from. I have also been the person who was asked to listen. Sometimes I passed, but there were sometimes I failed because I interjected or stated my thoughts and opinion when all the person wanted was for me to listen; to hear what they were trying to say and express from their heart and soul.
I admit, sometimes it is hard for me not to interject because I am a nurturer and a fixer. I am also a teacher and when I see the answer before me, I want to rush in and save the person from going the wrong way or to soothe them; when most times all they need is someone to hear them; not to comment or interject or even give an answer. Just listen; especially with your heart.
Beloveds, this is what God desires from us many a time—just to listen to Him. Quiet our mind, our thoughts, our perceptions, and just listen to what He has to say to our hearts. Often bogged down with everyday life; with the cares of this world, filled with worry, hurt, pain, and doubt—our minds are cluttered and cannot hear the voice of God and what it is He is saying to us. When we pray, we do not wait to hear what the Father says, we bombard Him, instead, with questions; with why’s, what’s, and how’s; instead of coming boldly in belief for what we ask for, then getting still and waiting on God...waiting for His answers and instructions, His directions. God has much to tell us. If only we would be still long enough, to hear what He is saying.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Though you may have many questions you desired answered, try trusting God to have the answers already you seek. Listen more than you speak this week. Try it God’s way and see how many of the answers you seek indeed are already answered. God always knows what you need even before you ask. We just have to listen more and talk less. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!

©2017. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: