Sunday, March 16, 2014

Reflections4Life: "In Times of Pain and Heartache"


Reflections4Life  March 16, 2014

“In Times of Pain and Heartache”
“He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power.” Isaiah 40:29 (NASB)
Scripture Contemplation; Psalm 121; Isaiah 40; Jeremiah 17; Zechariah 4; Ephesians 4; 6; Philippians 4:13…
It is so easy to let go and stop believing then it is to hold on and keep believing; standing in faith; trusting God to do just what He said. Oh, how I am there this very day. At the crossroads of holding on and letting go. Yet, my relationship with the Father just won’t allow me to let go. Even through this time of pain and heartache, I will continue to hold on, because I know God has me.

I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. Though the times before you may be difficult and painful, and at times heart-wrenching; I implore you to look to the hills which cometh your faith; for your strength comes from the Lord.

This is what I know for certain: I am alive, breathing, and walking only by the grace and mercy of the Lord. There is a war going on between my flesh, emotions, and my spirit. There is a battle between my intellect and my faith. There are times when I can’t say who is winning because my heart just aches so much that my throat tightens from squeezing back the tears that want to continually flow. Yet, I still reach forward to God, even though I can admit that I am angry with God.

Yes. I said it. I am angry with God. Surely He could have stepped in! Surely He could have done something! Surely He could have prevented certain things! Surely He could have heard my prayers and answered! Surely He could have said something instead of being silent! And I could go on and on, because my flesh will always cry out this way, while my spirit says: All things are working out for my good. I will not grow weary in well doing. I will see the righteousness of God in my life.

I cannot be anything but transparent before you today, beloveds. When I say the pain and heartache that I am experiencing at this moment is deep; it is. It is so excruciating that it feels like someone has a vice-grip on my heart and is squeezing it. The enemy is taunting, while my spirit is yelling: GOD CANNOT LIE!!!

Have you been here beloved? Are you here now beloved? Are you in much pain and heartache that you do not know how or if you are going to make it? The last thing you want is a bunch of scriptures quoted to you. The last thing you want to hear is that God is working it out. All you know is that you want the pain to stop. You want God to answer your prayers…NOW!

This is the point where we need the scriptures more than ever. This is the point when we must remember the promises of God. This is the time when we must be totally honest with ourselves and the Lord. Trust me; God can handle it! Tell God you are hurting. Tell the Father you are angry at Him. Tell God about your disappointments. And after you have done all of that; after you have cried and felt sorry for yourself; open your mouth and begin to give God the praise. Open your mouth and begin to speak the scriptures, the promises of God, to your situation and your circumstances.

Yes! It is difficult. It is hard to do these things when the pain is so raw and present. Yet, this is what we must do to hold on. This is what we must do by faith. We cannot trust our feelings, beloved. We cannot go by what things appear to be. We cannot allow the present sufferings keep us from walking in faith and calling upon the Lord. Why? Because the moment we give in to the pain and heartache is the moment the enemy wins. It is the moment we lose.

We must determine in our hearts to go forward and to hang on no matter what we are going through. Yes, it is hard. Because it is during these times that we are in our emotions. We are like an open wound and exposed to the elements. But Jesus is the salve that covers us. And trust me; the flesh will fight continually against your spirit. The enemy will continue to whisper his lies. But we must determine to hold on.

It is easy to let go and to go back to the world’s way. You just let go. It is much harder to hold on because the flesh continually wants to wallow in the pain instead of remembering the promise. My goodness, it hurts so badly! Some days I just cry and cry, and my heart aches so badly. And I just want it to be over. I just want God to do what He said and bring His promises to pass right now!

I confessed my anger to the Lord. I let out all that is in my heart. I bring it the throne and lay it at the altar. Then, though my flesh does not want to, I remember His promises and I give Him the praise. I speak the scriptures. And I make God my strength. Yes. It still hurts, but I know that if I give up; if I let go now; things will only get worse, and the devil wins. And I refuse to give the victory to the enemy when he has already been defeated.

There is a fine line between moving forward in faith, and falling into self-pity. If we concentrate only upon the pain and heartache; making a shrine to it daily, then we are limiting God from moving forward on our behalf. There must come a time when we ask ourselves if we are going to believe God or not? If we are going to trust Him where we cannot trace Him? If we are going to walk by faith and not by sight? And, if we truly believe that God will deliver the righteous out every affliction! I am holding on. Determined that this pain and heartache will not last.

I decree that the spirit of peace and of prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. Though what you may be experiencing right now is painful. You may not be able to see the road before you; continue to trust God to bring you through. Let your faith lead you where your flesh is reluctant to go. We walk by faith, not by sight. God is doing just what He said; even if it doesn’t look like it. Your faith will determine how soon this, too, shall pass. Let the power of God fill you and strengthen you. Walk in His strength as you hold on to faith. You are Blessed. Now go…and Be a Blessing!

©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: