Friday, February 09, 2007

So Much Pain...

It is really heart breaking to see so many people in so much pain and grief. Suffering within their souls; crying out for help, and not receiving it.

I was sadden by the death of Anna Nicole Smith. No, I did not know her personally. However, I know many like her.

In my opinion--and I really don't care what anyone says--not even her own mother: It was a broken heart that killed her. It was plain to see, for anyone with a heart and a sense of compassion, to see that Ms. Smith was clearly grieving. I do not care what she sounded like, or what she appeared to look like, or the way she may have slurred her words. That was a woman--a mother--in some serious pain.

People over look the effects that losing a love one can have on someone. Some people are able to grieve and move on. For some, it never goes away. The loss, the pain, the grief. Leaving in your heart, a hole that is not easily filled. Ask any parent that has lost a child- another child does not, and cannot replace the life of the one lost.

My heart went out to her, as well as my prayers each time I saw her. Because, I recognized the deep, searing pain that she was in. Her heart was broken, and I believe it just gave up the fight.

The constant barrage of questioning, and the endless jabs of accusations were appearantly too overwhelming. As someone watching from afar, I empathized with her hurting soul.

For those who truly knew her best, and loved her best; they know the treasure that they have lost. And, I offer to them my deepest and sincerest condolences in their time of great mourning.

Perhaps you know someone that is grieving. Or, someone that is in great pain. Take a moment to put aside judgement, and offer a pair of open arms, and ears to listen; while keeping in mind, that words do have the power to heal, as they do kill.

No comments: