Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Don't Give Up...Get What's Yours!

Wow, it 's really 2007! Happy New Year!

Well, I've been away for a while. Packing, moving, unpacking, shopping for furnishings, and all that other good stuff. I am grateful to the Lord for another year. And, I am anticipating great things...And so should you.

When I started this blog, it was with the intentions of really wanting to know where people were hurting. Not to purvey into people's personal lives...But to be an ear and a source of encouragement.

We all have made our new years resolutions. I hope for many, that one was to be more compassionate and loving to those in need.

This new year brought some bad news for me...A friend committed suicide. She was filled with so much hurt and pain and despair. No one knows a person's breaking point. No one may really understand why a person takes their own life. Even when they leave a note. My friend did not.

There is nothing that I can do for her now, physically. But, I can be there for those she left behind, and honor her memory through helping someone else, who may be on the brink of despair. Her death has caused me to see, even more so, just how fragile life is; and how we should never take for granted the life that God has given us.

We may not like the way life is treating us, but I encourage us to seek for more by being more. Learn to love, learn to laugh, learn to not sweat the small things. And, if by chance you can't see your way out, seek out help and never stop praying, because God is listening. Don't give up on your dreams. Never give up on yourself. Be encouraged that you were blessed with another day to triumph over what happened yesterday.

You are loved. You are wanted. You are needed. And, it will get better. Be blessed this year, and get what's yours!

Be Blessed

No comments: