Sunday, December 01, 2019

"Blocking Joy Thieves"

Reflections4LifeDecember 1, 2019

"Blocking Joy Thieves"

          "Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

Scripture Contemplation: John 1; Nehemiah 8; Joshua 1; Psalm 12...



Do you know how exhausting it is being a people pleaser? Do you have any idea how debilitating it is trying to make everyone else happy while you are miserable? Have you any idea the damage you do to your soul and spirit when you allow others to have the power over your life that God gave to you? 
I decree that this week's Reflections will be an encouragement and inspiration for your heart mind and soul. Whatever God speaks to your heart this week, and whatever He has already spoken to you; hold on to it. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength when naysayers and negative situations arise. Do not allow it or them to rob you from all God has ordained for you.

Listen; It is a crippling thing to not know your self-worth and to always rely on the acceptance or permission of others to be content in your life. To be happy with who you are and the path you are on. Yet sometimes, as I have come to learn, is that we need those life lessons. We need those experiences to really appreciate who we areas individuals, as human beings, as the wonderful, marvelous, and sensational creation that we are.

It took me a minute to understand that my voice had power. That, my opinion was valuable and worthy. That, my place in this earth mattered and that I could make a difference, one step, one act, one smile, one life at a time. AND I could do it my way. I could do it in a manner that brought me joy and happiness. That, I could take what God placed in me—every dream, vision, an abundance of joy, happiness, and laughter—and make a difference at any stage and place in my life. 

The world did not give me this joy, nor this happiness or laughter. That came from God. So no one has the power to take it away unless I allow them to do so by relinquishing my power for them to do so. There is a lot of evil, hate, and sadness in this world. At times, it feels as though it is winning; sucking the joy right out of the world. But I know that God is greater and we cannot stop all the evil at once, but we can make a difference every single day, one person, one decision, one made up mind at a time.

My Beloved, may the spirit of peace and prosperity rest in every area of your lives. May you see and believe all that God has spoken of you, Don't let this world or allow anyone to steal your joy. Go forth and make a difference. Dare to be you and dare to keep laughing, smiling, and living in the midst of the chaos. Perhaps if enough of us did this, we would see more smiles and acts of kindness. You are blessed. Now go...and be a blessing!
©2019. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.
 

No comments: