Sunday, April 21, 2019

"Gods Cup of Life"


Reflections4Life April 21, 2019
“God’s Cup of Life”
“You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons…Let a person examine himself, then, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup.” 1 Corinthians 10:28, 11:28
Scripture Contemplations: Matthew 20, 23; John 19, 20; Acts 1; 2…


Happy Resurrection Sunday! What an awesome day to continue to give thanks and praises to God for His gift of love, sacrifice, and love. God, in His love and mercies—saved us from ourselves. He saved us from the death and the grave; from the clutches of the enemy! Excuse me, while I praise my Lord and Savior!
Lord! Thank You! Thank You for Your grace and mercies! Thank You for saving me! For dying on the Cross for me. For taking the stripes, the whips, for my healing and deliverance! Thank You for rescuing me from a life of sin and death; for freeing me from a spirit of guilt and condemnation. Thank You, Lord, for consuming me, covering me under the Blood of the Lamb! I cannot breathe without You. I cannot live without You. I cannot exist without You! Your love is like fire, all in my bones! Your love is washing all over me; making me clean, clearing my mind, lifting heaviness; leaving waves of sunshine, and pockets of hope for me to hold onto when trials and tests come, and rock me to the core, sometimes blinding me and stealing my memories of what You have already done! But Hallelujah! Thank You for that line, that line that keeps me tethered to You. That keeps me connected. Thank You, that when Christ rose, I rose with Him, with the keys of like. Thank You, my Lord, my Savior, for saving me from myself and doubt. Thank You for freeing me from unbelief. Thank You for just loving me the way You do, that even through the tough times, the times I cannot see You, that I can rest easy knowing that You are moving on my behalf and that Yes!—Your will is done in my life, and I blessed forever more, because You loves me…unconditionally! In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
I decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart soul and mind. Rise up with Christ today. Rise up from your past; past hurts, sins. Bow at His feet, laying down your heart, your burdens, your hurts, your fears, and receive His love, forgiveness, His breath of life and the blessings He has ordained for you this lifetime. Take from His cup of life and drink, becoming a new creation in Him. Receive your blessings.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Whose cup are you drinking from today? Are you drinking from the cup of regrets, guilt, and shame? Or, are you drinking from the cup of life, of faith, of redemption and of a new life in Christ? When we are in Christ, we have been crucified with Him, and we now live by faith and not feelings. We drink from a completely new cup. God’s cup of life. Jesus drank from the cup of crucifixion, a cup of a necessary death, a cup representing salvation for man. Because He did, we are! We are able to now drink in not only remembrance of His sacrifice for us; partaking in Holy Communion. We are now, also able to drink from God’s cup of life.
When we enter into prayer and conversation with the Heavenly Father, we are partaking in that cup of life. When we stand on His promises and do not give up or give in to the enemy—we are drinking from God’s cup of life.
Every time we spend time in the presence of God, the more God reveals to us. No one can stay the same who has been the recipient of God’s love and attention. We are transformed and renewed, with every sip from God’s cup of life. We are changed forever by the Father’s unconditional love, forgiveness, and the precious gift of Holy Spirit. Just as Jesus taught about the wheat, and how it must die to live; we, too, must die first. Die to our old selves and beliefs that would block the blessings of this new life that God has ordained for us. Christ did the hardest part. He drank from the cup of death, and died on the Cross—feeling the entire world’s sins on His shoulders, in His body; the heaviness of guilt, shame, worry, abandonment, and every whispered lie of the enemy. The love of Jesus knows no bounds. He could have walked away, instead, He called upon His Father, and took it all to the Cross. for us. Then He fought death, hell, and the grave, reclaiming the keys of life. So now, when we partake in the cup, it is not just in remembrance of the crucifixion but also the cup of life. Christ died that we may live. And live an abundant life filled with His blessings and grace.
What cup are you drinking from today? Are you drinking from the cup of your past? The cups of regret, shame, mistakes, guilt, and condemnation? That’s not what God ordained for you. And that is not what Jesus died on the Cross for. He did not drink to save Himself—he was not a sinner. He drank to save us; to give us 24/7 access to the cup of life!
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Embrace the forgiveness of the Father. Shake off the old clothes of the past and put on the garments of praise and worship, drinking from God’s cup of eternal life and redemption. Jesus made a promise and kept it. Now it’s time for us to walk in the victory, drinking constantly from God’s cup of life! You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
©2019. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: