Sunday, October 28, 2018

"Make It Personal"


Reflections4Life October 28, 2018
“Make It Personal”
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
Scripture Contemplation: Deuteronomy 4; Ruth 2; 2 Chronicles 9; Zephaniah 1; 1 Peter 1
©Ruthe McDonald.

Do you know and understand that it is okay to ask God questions? I believe it is natural for each person to want to understand who God is, and what better way than to just ask Him. There is much about the Father we do not understand and have yet to learn but God is waiting to reveal. The Father wants us to get personal. Make our relationship with Him, personal.
I decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart mind and soul. Make your time with God this week, personal. Do not be afraid to ask God those questions hidden in your heart. Be bold and confident and come to God baring your all. He will be right there for you and with you. He desires a personal and intimate relationship with the real you.
Is there a difference between asking God a question and questioning God? I guess it depends on what you mean. I was taught that we should never question God or to ask Him why He allowed something or did something. That, if I did ask or questioned God that I would be committing a grave sin in doing so.
I could never understand that reasoning. In my heart, I always felt it was okay for me to ask God why. I was inquisitive as a child. I am inquisitive as an adult. I like to know the reasons behind certain things, or why certain things work and others do not. I believe it is a natural part of us to be inquisitive. To shut that down would seem abnormal to me.
What I have come to understand and realize for myself is this (and you do not have to agree. Everyone comes to their own understanding) God desires for us to ask Him questions, to get personal with Him, seek Him out. God does not mind our questions, because those questions lead to answers. That there is a difference between asking God questions and questioning God's motives, or rather doubting the veracity of God's actions. That's my observation based on my personal walk and relationship with the Father. You may conclude a different answer.
The underlying fact remains that God does not stop us from asking questions. To question what we have been taught, to seek out for ourselves the truth. Those questions that arise in us, lead us to a personal and intimate relationship with God.
People can and will teach us and tell us many things. However, it will never compare to what God wants to reveal to you for Himself. The things that God desires to tell you and open in your heart. The revelations of His word that is revelatory to you and only you; that special place inside of you, where you get to know God for yourself, and not only through another person's experience or revelation. When God reveals something to you personally?—it is yours and no one will be able to convince you otherwise. You will know—without reservation—what God has said and did. You own it. It is your personal revelation, knowledge, and understanding from the Father.
Getting personal with God is vital for the growth and development of our relationship and walk in the Lord. It is vital for our wellbeing. I say this because I have seen so many people wounded by the church, wounded by its leaders and false teachers and prophets. They are wounded so much; they no longer want anything to do with church or God.
It is vital that we develop an intimate, personal relationship with the Father. We must come to know God for ourselves. Whatever questions we may have, we must ask those questions and seek those answers. Too often, we have placed leaders/shepherds on a pedestal. When they fall, we often fall with them or become disillusioned with God. Our beliefs are altered, tainting every action we take moving forward.
God is waiting for you. He has the answers to your questions. The answers may not come in the way you were expecting, but they will come. God may not show up in the way you were expecting either, but He will show up. The only way to recognize Him is to get personal with Him; to have spent intimate time between you and God developing your personal walk.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Life is not so much, what you make of it, as it is what you are believing. When you believe you deserve better, better will show up. We receive what we believe and what our hearts often comprehend. In order for comprehension to take place, we need to ask questions to gain an understanding. Ask God what you need to ask. Make it personal. This is your walk, your relationship, and God has all the answers. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
©2018. Ruthe Mcdonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: