Sunday, June 21, 2015

"A Father's Impact"

Reflections4Life June 21st, 2015
“A Father’s Impact”
“Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” James 1:17
Scripture Contemplation: Psalm 82; Proverbs 3; Proverbs 4; Ephesians 2; 5…

Happy Father's Day to each and every father and father to be, and for every man that has filled the role in a child's life that may have never known a father's love. May this day be a day of happiness and joy.
I pray today’s Reflections brings comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration. May you know the depths of the love that God hoards in His heart for you. May you know Him as a Father; the one who knows you, understands you, and has nothing but the very best for you.
There is no denying the impact that a father can have upon a child's life. Whether it is positive or negative, a father's impact on his child can be felt for a lifetime.
I was fortunate to have a very loving relationship with my father. He encouraged me and inspired me. And always showed how much he believed in me and my dreams. As a child, you believe everyone has a father like yours. But I came to realize how blessed I was.
I lost my father at a very young age. It nearly destroyed me; breaking my heart into a million pieces. I had plenty of uncles who stepped up to the plate, and helped my brother and me throughout the years. But it still never compared to my father.
It was my relationship with the Heavenly Father that kept me tethered to the foundation that my father had laid. My relationship with God helped me to heal and not forget the lessons that I needed to remember. I felt myself slipping. Because of heartache and devastation. My mind wanted to run and let go, but my heart and my God would not let it be so.
My father's influence on my life; his impact was huge. He left such an indelible mark, that it help to push me forward in some of the darkest times that followed.
Never underestimate the impact that a father has on their child. There is something that only a father can provide. Can be in their children's lives. I thank God for the heavenly Father, and how He covers us and is reaching towards us every day. To be the Father to the fatherless, hope and healing to those who lost their earthly fathers. And that foundation that we all need to make it through this journey we call life.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Allow the heavenly Father into those places in your heart that have been wounded, abandoned and rejected by an earthly father. Let the Heavenly Father remind you, and fill you where the loss of your earthly father may have left a gaping hole. There is nothing impossible for our God. And that includes being the father you need, desire and deserve. He has more than enough room in His heart and on His lap. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing.
©2015. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.


No comments: