Sunday, September 07, 2014

"About Yesterday"


Reflections4Life September 7th, 2014
“About Yesterday…”
“Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past.  Behold, I will do something new. Now it will spring forth…” Isaiah 43:18-19a (NASB)
Scripture Contemplation: Isaiah 42; 43; 2 Corinthians 5; Colossians 3; Revelation 21…
Whatever is going on in your life right now—be assured that God is doing a new thing. However, you will never be able to see, understand or recognize it, if you are too preoccupied about yesterday. It’s time to let some things go so that you can make room for what God has for you right now.
I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections is a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. There is so much that the Father wants to reveal to you; so much He wants to do in your life. Yield to His love and covering this week. Open your heart and receive all that God has been longing to give to you.
Yesterday I had a blast! I celebrated my birthday and I truly enjoyed myself. This particular birthday, I felt a different current working through the atmosphere. A different kind of excitement. I am grateful for another year of life. Although everything was not as I desired; I was blessed nonetheless, because I trusted the Father to keep His promises. And I concentrated on the good and didn’t allow the sadness of the past dictate the happiness of my present or future. I am truly blessed and thank the Father for a new year of His grace, mercy, love, direction, and supernatural happening in my life! Thank You, Lord!!!!
There is so much that we miss out on in life today because our focus is continually on yesterday: What happened yesterday…Who did what to you on yesterday…What didn’t go right yesterday…What you didn’t get yesterday…And so on, and so on. We miss many opportunities that God has placed before us today.
Often times, fear is a part of yesterday. Because yesterday did not happen the way we desired, or something bad happened yesterday—we have a fear of moving forward or hoping in today. Fear can immobilize you; keep you from moving forward in the promises of God. We can become fearful of ever trying again or stepping out in faith on the path that God has ordained for us. Faith and fear cannot operate together. We’re either walking in one or the other but never both.
It is time, Beloveds. It is time to move forward and into the new things that God has ordained for your life. It is time to stop pondering on the former things, and allow Holy Spirit to lead you into the path of today and the promises of God being manifested in your life.
Aren’t you tired of carrying those old bags? Aren’t you tired of fighting that same old fight? Aren’t you tired of feeling like you are missing out on something? Aren’t you tired of not living life to the fullest? God is waiting on you to decide if you truly want what He has already promised and done for you.
Isaiah 43:16-19 (The Message Bible) “This is what God says, the God who builds a road right through the ocean, who carves a path through pounding waves the God who summons horses and chariots and armies—they lie down and then can’t get up; they’re snuffed out like so many candles: “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.”
Amen!!!! I don’t know about you but that makes me excited! It not only makes me excited but gives me hope and strengthens my faith in the God that I served; knowing and understanding that my Father has already made a path for me to walk on that will lead me to an expected end. That, through the harshest of places and the roughest of times, God is doing something brand new just for me. And all I have to do is let go of the past and what didn’t work, and who did whatever, and follow what God is saying right now!
Yes. It can be difficult to let go of the past; to not dwell upon what has taken place when you are currently dealing with the aftermath of what took place in the past. However, yield to the Father. Give it all to God. Do not keep going over what was and what didn’t take place or what someone did. Be alert and present. Be in the here and now, and allow God to lead you to the place He has long ordained for you.
I decree that the spirit of peace and of prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. Let the Father’s healing consume you—reaching every barren, hollowed and hurting place. Let God do that new thing in you, and bring you to a place of rest and completion. He loves you and has already ordained a path that is filled with hope, love, faith, and greatness. You are Blessed. Now go…and Be a Blessing!
©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: