Sunday, June 09, 2013

Reflections4Life: It's About Faith

Reflections June 9th, 2013
It's About Faith”
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” Romans 10:17
Scripture Reading For This Week: Matthew 8; Mark 2; John 16; Romans 1; 3; 10; Hebrews 11...
It's all about faith. Life. Everything we do, all that we believe—has to do with faith. Many of us exercise a certain faith without realizing it. Don't think so? You prepared for today, didn't you? You thought about what you had to do, what you were going to do, with the 'faith' that you were going to be here today to accomplish those tasks. That is faith.
I declare and decree that this week's Reflection is a continued source of encouragement for your heart, mind, and soul. Each day you are granted, may your faith be made stronger, and you yield to the Father concerning your life and its purpose.
I don't know what we'd do without faith. I do know that many take it for granted. We underestimate its power to change lives; to make an impact. We even underestimate ourselves in terms of our internal dialogue and the things we think and believe and hold onto.
What is faith again? “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1. I like the Amplified Bible's interpretation: Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses].
Faith is an action word. It requires you to have faith in something, not just anything. Faith needs a purpose; a hope. It must be based upon something. If you do not know what you are having faith in, then is it really faith? What are you hoping for? Believing for?
Just saying you have faith is not enough. It's like saying you have a plan, but have no idea what the plan is for or what it entails. You're just saying it to be saying it. You know what that is, right? Empty. Useless. No value or substance.
Faith is the assurance of what we have hoped for. It the insurance policy that guarantees what we may not see with our natural eyes but believe in our hearts. It is believing in what God has spoken to you, though you have been waiting a long while, and others may not see or believe it, but because God said it, you believe it.
This life we are living is all about faith. It is all about hoping that we get another chance to start over tomorrow. It's about hoping that the plans we have put forth come to fruition. It's about hoping that what God has promised us comes to pass. Faith is about believing that the time, effort, hope, and execution of what you have done and have believed for comes to fruition. That, it all pays off.
God made me a few promises, and I believe Him. I have faith in what He has spoken to my heart. I believe in the word of God. I believe in God. Some promises seem to be taking a while to come to pass, but because God said it, I believe in it. His word is my assurance. His word is my faith. He spoke it. I believe it. I hope for it.
Everyday we put for faith in something or someone. You believe that the work you do for your employer will garner you a paycheck at the end of that pay period, don't you? You work diligently, hoping to be rewarded for your efforts, do you not? You have certain expectations that you believe should occur when you do one thing or another.
I am convinced that what I believe and see in my spirit is surely coming to pass. I stand in my convictions that my faith in my God is justified. As longs as God spoke it, I will believe it. If I have asked my heavenly Father for anything, according to His will; then I know it is already done, and I have faith that it will soon manifest.
Sometimes the hardest part about faith is waiting. During that waiting time, many things can occur. And you must know that the enemy will do all that he can to shake and disrupt your faith, and try to make you lose hope. Hope is very important. When a person loses hope, they can very well lose themselves; even their life.
Many have joked at Reverend Jesse Jackson's famous quote: “Keep Hope Alive!” But he's absolutely right. We must keep hope alive. For, it is the basis for our faith. It is the “thing” that keeps us striving and believing. To have something to hope for, to hope in, keeps our faith growing; gives us something to continue to fight for. If we have nothing to hope for, then what does that mean for our faith?
I decree that the spirit of hope, of peace, and of prosperity finds permanent rest in your life: spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and financially. What do you have faith in? What are you hoping for? Who are you believing in today? Who are you listening to? Hear the Word of God and believe. Let your faith come forth boldly by hearing what God is saying to you. You are Blessed. Now go...and Be a Blessing!

©2013. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: