Sunday, May 10, 2020

"Happy Mother's Day!"


Reflections4Life May 10, 2020
“Happy Mother’s Day!”
"She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31: 26-27
Scripture Contemplation: Proverbs 31; Ephesians 5...
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, and mothers to be. To all the mothers who have gone on to heaven; we celebrate with joy and treasured memories all the love, lessons, and the legacies you left for us to treasure! We honor you.
This is my fifth Mother's Day without my Mom. Yes. It still hurts, but it is not as bad as it has been years past, and I can only attribute that to the fact that she is still with me. In my heart. In my spirit. In my everyday life. She is here. More than a memory. She is here because her love never left.
I decree that today's Reflections brings comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it to be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration. May your life know the power of a mother's love. Cherish those women that God has bought into your life. Be it biological or surrogate. Take advantage of the gift, and apply the lessons of that love to your life.
If I could choose a lesson my mom gave to her children that has had a profound impact, it would be a strength. My mother showed us every day of her life what love strength looked like. And the power it had to change lives.
This Reflection is dedicated to my Mother. Pastor Patricia Harris.

"Remembering My Queen & The Lessons She is Still Teaching Me from Heaven"
Long title; I know. But simple words and short summaries could never do justice to the woman my Mom was on this earth. And the title is not a misprint—my mother is STILL teaching me lessons each and every day on love, life, prayer, relationships, and so many other things. What I learned the most? Read on to find out...
STRENGTH
This is my Mom. She taught me just about everything I know about being a strong woman. About, coming back stronger after being down for so long. About overcoming obstacles and triumphantly destroying the plans of the enemy. She taught me about prayer and how to pray. She taught me how to forgive and to love unconditionally.
This is my Mama. My friend. My heart. The woman who showed me that nothing is impossible for God. That you can indeed overcome when everyone else has counted you out. To stand in my convictions and not back down. To hold onto what I believed and to go after God tenaciously, and that it is okay to remind God of His promises, and to definitely ask the question why.
This is my Mother. Who loved me better than anyone. Who prayed for me when I couldn't pray for myself. I didn't have to say a word. She just knew. She listened, while I was silent or cried. Afterward, she lifted me up in prayer, not commenting on anything I just shared. She understood, I just needed my mother's ear.
This is my Mommy. Who left this earth too soon for my comfort. I thought, leaving me without my intercessor, my prayer warrior, my encourager, my teacher, my mother, my friend. What was I to do? It hurt so bad. And it still does. But I realized; it was just the flesh that left, but not her love and spirit, nor her strength.
This is my Teacher. Who taught me strength just by being who she was. Her life was a testament of strength and of irreproachable character. She was far from perfect, and she owned it. Never did she hide the truth about who she was and what she did, to the point it felt that I knew too much! But she was honest and wanted you to know, that whatever you faced, you could get through it too.
I hope there is someone in your life that you can always turn to and have a source of strength to glean from. I hope that you cherish every lesson, admonishment, and correction that they have to give. Because it is all a part of teaching you to stand and be strong; becoming the person God has already said you are.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. May your life be blessed with the power of a mother's love. Cherish every moment you have. Take the lessons, apply them to your life, and let the love guide you. You are blessed. Now go and be a blessing. 

©2020. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: