Sunday, May 12, 2019

"One of God's Greatest Gifts"


Reflections4Life May 12, 2019

One of God's Greatest Gifts”

Therefore it came to pass when the time had come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bore a son and called his name Samuel [that is, Asked of God], saying, “Because I have asked him of the Lord.” 1 Samuel 1:20

Scripture Contemplation: 1 Samuel 1; 2; Lamentations 2; Mark 10; 1 Timothy 5...

©Ruthe McDonald.


Happy Mother's Day to every woman that has nurtured, loved, cared for, attended to children, whether they were yours biologically or not. I honor you this day and pray the blessings of God to continue to manifest in your life. May your children rise up and call you blessed.

I sincerely believe that one of God's greatest wonders is not only the entire gestation process of pregnancy. (It is fascinating how a woman's womb can hold and sustain life within her body.) Birth, also, is definitely a miracle, as is the mother's strength to endure labor. However, it is the heart and strength of a mother that is and how God created the mother’s heart.

I decree that this week's Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. Be encouraged in the word and promises of God. No matter where your life has taken you, what journey you started on, it will be God's strength and love that will see you through. You are a gift of God. Your presence on this earth is not an accident. It is a divine purpose.

If there is one thing that I long for most on this earth, it is to be a mother. I can identify with Hannah. The ache and need in your heart and spirit so strong, that when you pray and cry out to the Lord, no words can come forth, because they're all being said from the deepest core of your spirit. I have mothered many children. I love and cherish each one with no regrets. However, like Hannah, I will believe in the promises of God, knowing that my blessings will soon manifest.

It is a God-thing to see the heart and strength of a mother in action. That, love that exudes forth from her soul for her children. There are some women, who have given birth and are not mothers. They are, removed from what God intended. So, it is in the world. Thank God, for the women that can step in, and fill those gaps and tend to the wounds and broken spirits and hearts of those children that have been abandoned and/or abused.

There is nothing greater than a mother's love (other than that of our heavenly Father.) A mother's love can bring healing, comfort, strength, direction, correction, discipline, and inspiration. Lives change when a woman dares to love with such strength and abandonment. When, she loves from a place deep in her soul, and looks pass situations, circumstances, and parentage.

The moment you give your time and love to a child; whether or not they came from you—as a mother you are changing a life forever. You may never know the impact you have on the lives of a child that was under your influence. Sometimes, they grow up, move on, and live their lives. But rest assured, God knows. He has taken account of every act of love you poured from your heart.

I had the fortunate opportunity of having women in my life that let me know just how powerful a mother's love could be. It shaped who I am, and who I desire to be as a mother. My mother and I have had our shares of ups and downs (as mothers and daughters often do!) Yet, I knew from the beginning how strong my mother's love was for me and my brothers. Even as a foster mother and adoptive mother, she never held back. She was blessed, and I honor her, for all she did for me, even as a grown woman. Including her prayers, that God will still honor, although she has transitioned.

Proverbs 31:28-29 28 Her children rise up, and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praiseth her, saying:29 Many daughters have done worthily, But thou excellest them all.

There is no way to truly explain what happens to your heart when you become a mother. There really are no words to explain when you lose your mother or a mother loses a child. However, it is the love that will always be present. The strength of that love, that keeps one going. For everyone that may have lost their mother, I extend my prayers and thoughts to you. I encourage you to continue to celebrate your Mom. For as long as you are on this earth, she will be present. Mothers who may have lost a child, you don't stop being a mother—your heart is too big and filled with love for that. I pray for your heart and speak life into you. And pray that you will be able to share that love with others who could benefit from a mother's love.

My Beloveds, I decree that the spirit of peace and of prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. May the grace of God continue to fill you and your hearts be filled with His joy and laughter. There is something mighty special about the heart of a woman who can give and receive love. Whether a child is biological or not, it is one of God's greatest gifts—to see a Mother's love in action. You are blessed. Now go...and be a blessing!

©2019. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: