Sunday, January 27, 2019

"Truth"


Reflections4LifeJanuary 27, 2019
“Truth”
“Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.” Psalm 51:6
Scripture Contemplation: 1 Kings 17; Psalm 5; 145:18; Proverbs 12; Isaiah 59; Amos 5:10



S
ometimes the hardest thing to do is to speak your truth; not because you are ashamed or afraid, but because of the way that some only seem to hear, see, and believe what they want to. It often leaves one feeling vulnerable and with a desire to remain quiet. Yet, if we do not speak our truth, then what someone else says in falsehood may become the only “truth” that people believe.
I decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart mind and soul. Whatever you do, Beloved, continue to live and stand in your truth. Let the God of truth reign in your heart and reveal to you what is inside of you and what resides in the heart of others that are around you.
Proverbs 12:19 Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
Truth … what a small and powerful word; far too many take for granted, and what many others refuse to see or believe. All around us seems to be some kind of deceit going on. The deceit that is affecting the lives of those we love and ourselves. Lies are being told to destroy lives, families, marriages, friendships, communities, governments, etcetera. There is a blatant disregard for the truth, and all that is Holy, sacred, godly. When those who dare to speak the truth, they are met with disdain and ridicule. We cannot hide the fact these are signs of the time in which the word of God warns us about. Though the deceit and wickedness abound, God’s truth prevails. Lying tongues will not last and the truth will endure for always … if we have faith.
How important is truth to you? Is the truth more important than you being right or having your own way? Can you recognize the truth in the face of facts or circumstances? Can you hear the heart of God speaking the truth to your heart? Will you believe it in spite of what you see with your natural eyes? I heard a profound statement last evening that I wholeheartedly agree with: The truth is the truth even when you don’t know it. How profound is that?
Even when we do not know something, the truth is still the truth, and the truth will prevail. Truth endures forever. It is unbreakable, sustainable through every lie, storm, and every falsehood and lying tongue. We may be ignorant to many things, but when God shines His light, the truth is made known. Ignorance is no longer an option when the truth is revealed.
John 8:44-46 (ESV) You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?
In being candid, one of my greatest pet peeves and probably also my thorn-in-the-side, is having my integrity and word questioned; especially when I, myself, have done nothing to warrant having my character assassinated. Regardless of the situation or circumstances presented, it is a blow to my heart and soul when someone I love and who says they love and know me, questions my word and integrity. It hurts deeply. However, what cuts to the core more than anything, is when they believe what is presented, and lose trust and faith in my word. They are supposed to know me, know my heart and what I stand for. Yet, even in that, and how much it hurts I still must stand in my truth and give it to God so that my heart does not grow bitter with anger and mistrust. Because at the end of the day, God always gets the last say and He brings not only vindication but also healing for the wounds of a broken heart.
I think of the heart of God and the sacrifice that Christ made to save us. How many times is the heart of God stricken when someone rejects Him? Jesus is the truth. He came into this world—the truth and the light—and was rejected. Yes, Jesus was accepted by many, but also crucified by many of the same people that had sung His praises. Hosanna! Hosanna! Went to, Crucify! Crucify! Their hearts were easily turned. Lies were told about Jesus. He was betrayed by a disciple—someone He spent intimate time with, teaching; who was around to witness the many miracles and deliverance. He sold Christ out for thirty pieces of silver. How many of us have sold ourselves for less? Who have we spoken lies against? Or, what lies and crafted plans have we believed against loved ones and people we once trusted so easily? What part have we played in the hurt of others because we believed well-planned lies and the whispers of Satan? How many more times will hurt the heart of God, and sting Him with the arrow of rejection?
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. The truth was given to us. His Name is Jesus. He yearns to live in our hearts and fix all that is broken. He desires to mend our broken hearts, heal our wounds, and bless us with the strength and courage to always walk in and live our truths. To stand in the face of conviction, and rejection, and move forward, receiving all the greatness and love He has ordained for our lives. You are blessed. Now go … and be a blessing!
©2019. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: