Sunday, February 19, 2017

"Taste of God's Goodness!"

Reflections4Life February 19, 2017
“Taste of God’s Goodness”
“O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that trusts in Him!” Psalm 34:8
Scripture Contemplation: Psalm 145:7; Isaiah 63:7; Nahum 1:7; Hebrews 7; 2 Timothy 1:7…

I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and enlightenment for your heart, mind, and soul; bringing you peace in every area of your life. Beloveds; spend some intimate time with the Father this week to be reacquainted with the taste of Hid goodness. Do not allow the worries of the day supersede your time in the presence of the Lord at His table.
Have you, Beloved? Have you tasted of the goodness of God lately? Have tasted of the goodness of God at all?
It is not about answered prayers or the gaining of prosperity or material things. However, it is about the pure experience of the love and goodness of God. The joy of an intimate relationship with our Creator and getting to know His heart, who He is, and who we are-- the "us" He created an ordained us to be.
When, if ever, was the last time you got lost in the presence of God? When was the last time you lost all track of time and only cared about being in the presence of your Creator, who was filling you with His love and wisdom, and simultaneously healing old and new wounds and soothing heartaches and giving hope and directions to the visions He has placed in you?
Oh, Beloveds, I admit to my folly today. I admit to having slacked in my intimate time with my Father because I allowed other things to get in my mental space, such as hurt, worry, fear, doubt, and anger. I allowed the whispers of the enemy to overshadow what God was saying to my heart, speaking to my soul. For a moment, I forgot what the goodness of God tasted like. I forgot what His peace felt like; what trusting in Him completely felt like. I forgot how sweet to the soul and spirit it could be when I fully rest in my Lord; believing in His word and promises, and that He has me. No matter what things appear to be.
Beloveds, taste the goodness of God. Allow God to usher you to a seat at His table that is overflowing with love, peace, joy, happiness, and all manner of great things that we crave in this sometimes bland, cold, and cruel world.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity finds permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. One taste of God's goodness will change your life forever. You will never forget it. Though you may move away from His table, there will always be a piece of your soul that knows and understands and will remind you of the tastes that you experienced while in the Father's presence, at His table, at a place set just for you—a seat that will always remain, that waits for you to occupy. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!

©2017. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: