Sunday, May 10, 2015

"The Power of a Mother's Love"

Reflections4Life May 10, 2015

"The Power of a Mother's Love."

    "She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31: 26-27

Scripture Contemplation: Proverbs 31; Ephesians 5...




Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, and mothers to be. R.I.P to all the mothers who have gone on to heaven.

This is my first Mother's day without my Mom. Yes. It hurts, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be, and I can only attribute that to the fact that she is still with me. In my heart. In my spirit. In my everyday life. She is here. More than a memory. She is here, because her love never left.

I pray today's Reflections brings comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it to be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration. May your life know the power of a mother's love. Cherish those women that God has bought into your life. Be it biological or surrogate. Take advantage of the gift, and apply the lessons of that love to your life.

If I could choose one lesson my mom gave to her children that has had the most impact, it would be the power of love. My mother showed us everyday of her life what love--unconditional love--looked liked. And the power it had to touch and change lives.

Our mother was a nurturer at best. Always reaching out to others. Always providing and taking people in. Being the mother to so many of our friends and neighborhood kids.

There was no one beneath her. No child to difficult. No situation too taboo, that would keep our mom from showing love. And in doing so, we witnessed the power of love in the transformed lives of those she touched. Not just them, but also their families and friends.

There is power in love. Power in unconditional love. The power to transform the hardest of hearts. The power to tame the harshest of beasts. The power to renew and revive a life on the brink of death.

Yes. Love is powerful. Especially the love of a mother. There is no comparison, in my opinion, of that of a mother's love. That love that reaches out to you even when you have fallen so low and feel like you can't get back up. That love that tells you, you can always come back home when you're ready to. That love that says, no matter how much you screw up, how far you fall, there will be someone right there to love you back through it all.
We were blessed to have the mother we had. It was quite an adventure. There is no doubt in our minds, that our mother's love was a direct reflection of God in her. We were blessed and fortunate to know just how loved we were and are. And so were our friends and family.

There is definitely power in love. Are you strong enough to walk in it? Can you handle its costs? Because what I know for sure: love like this is not simple and it can sometime hurt those who possess it.

My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. May your life be blessed with the power of a mother's love. Cherish every moment you have. Take the lessons, apply them to your life, and let the love guide you. You are blessed. Now go and be a blessing. 

©2015. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: