Sunday, May 18, 2014

Reflections4Life: "Stagnated"


Reflections4Life  May 18, 2014
“Stagnated”
“And let us not be weary in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
Scripture Contemplation: Job 3; Psalm 69; Isaiah 40; Hebrew 6; Hebrew 12…
We work towards our goals. We continue to pray and believe God for His promises. We serve Him and others. We have a desire to do and be all that God has said of us. Then something happens. Time. Time passes by and you may not have seen the manifestations of your blessings. Time passes, and your prayers seem to hang in the air. Time goes on, and you find yourself stagnating. Stuck in a place that you don’t want to be in, but have become comfortable in.
Many have become stagnated in life. They’re not moving forward in their lives. Nothing is changing. And in the process of the stagnation, the heart is becoming hardened, and the soul is drowning. A decision must be made: stay stagnated or believe God again, and become liberated.
I declare and decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration to heart, mind, and soul. Though life seems to be at a standstill, look through the eyes of the Father. Take on the mind of Christ, and think on the things of God. Continue to do what God has called you to do. Even through the hard times, choose to praise Him, seek Him, and believe Him.
There are times that I have felt trapped. I have felt as though my life has come to a complete stop. And nothing that God had promised me was coming to pass. I’m doing what He asks me to do. I am believing, and having faith, but yet, everything seems to have come to a standstill, and I feel stuck. And when I felt that way, a spirit of weariness was not too far behind.
In thinking back, I had to question myself. Question my motives. Why was I doing all that I was doing? Was I doing it because I loved the Lord? Or, was I doing it just to get from God what I wanted? Did I serve God and others just to get recognized? Did I do it to puff myself up? Or did I do it sincerely from my heart just because I Love the Lord?
It is good to examine your motives; the reasons you do what you do. To do a heart check, and ask the Father to reveal to you your heart. Acclamations from others can become addictive. And if you are not in the presence of God and maintaining humility, it is very easy to become a people pleaser instead of a God pleaser and dream chaser.
My stagnation didn’t come from the need to please others or seeking recognition. No. It came when something I desired and has been promised did not come to pass when I thought it should. It came as a result of a broken heart. When those I love most, hurt me the deepest. I became depressed. And in my depression, I was on remote control status. Other parts of my life were going well. But my heart was not faring too great. The pain and disappointment together became impalpable, and I shut down emotionally. I took on more to occupy my mind so I couldn’t concentrate on the hurt and pain. I avoided the thoughts and inner dialogue and threw myself into work and evasion. Serving God but not hearing God. Hurting but not allowing Christ to heal me.
It is fairly easy to get caught up in the doings of God’s work and everyday tasks; to escape in it, allowing our personal, intimate time with the Father lapse, as we avoid what is hurting us. We continue to go until things in our lives become a ritual. We do it by remote. And the reasons we do what we do get lost in translation.
Before you realize it, you are in a stagnated place, wallowing in grief, sorrow, and unfilled dreams and promises. Not because God did not come through, but because somewhere along the path of your life’s journey, you were disappointed and hurt, and you gave up. You stopped believing.
This is what I’ve come to learn and know for certain: People can encourage you. Be it family, friends, Pastors, Ministers. But until you learn to encourage yourself, and discipline yourself in the ways and word of God, you will be on a repeat cycle. Yes. Disappointments happen. Yes. Life is not fair. But God is just and His favor is fair. Yes. You may experience a broken heart along the way (maybe a few times), but God will always be right there to mend it if you let Him. Yes. It will appear at times as though God is far away, and that your prayers are not being heard or answered. But in your heart you know it’s not true. You are going through a test, and the answers are already inside of you, and the Teacher is always quiet during a test. Yes. This may not be the first or last time you experience these feelings, this kind of hurt. But at the end of the test, you will have passed and be stronger, wiser, and prepared for your next level, if you do not give up.
Stagnation comes when we allow a part of us to give up. We get stuck in a place physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually. Learn to encourage yourself each day. Spend that time in the presence of God. Meditate. Meditate in the word. Think of the promises of God and thank Him. Stop looking at the time. God is greater than time. He is outside of time. And whatever God has promised you, it will happen should you continue to believe and expect it.
Change your mind, change your life. Change your attitude, change your altitude. Sure; it may sound cliché or corny for some. But the simplicity of it all is true. What we think can and will eventually become what we believe in our hearts if we are not allowing God to guard our hearts, on to take on the mind of Christ and renewing our mind daily.
Make up in your mind today to be and do all that God has ordained for you, regardless of the journey it takes. It’s pretty hard to sway a made up mind. And if you are living with the mind of Christ, thinking on the things of God, believing in His word, seeking Him daily—your life will become a reflection of those things. Don’t go by what it looks like, but by what God has spoken.
I decree that the spirit of peace and prosperity has found permanent rest in your lives. Being stuck/stagnated is no longer an option when you realize and believe in your heart just how much God loves you and has for your life. Want Him more than anything, and God will give you more than what you asked for. You are Blessed. Now go…and Be a Blessing!
©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.



No comments: