Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Reflections May 12th, 2013
Abundant Love's Power”
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, “Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah 31:3
Scripture Reading For this Week: Proverbs 31; Jeremiah 17; 31; John 3; 15; Ephesians 5; 1 Timothy 5...
Happy Mother's Day! I pray that this day is extra special for each and every mother, expectant mother, those who will be mothers, and those who mother other children as though they were theirs. May God continually bless you and shine His love upon you and all that you do!
I declare and decree that this week's Reflections will be a continued and constant source of encouragement for your heart, mind and soul. As you stand in receipt of your blessings, and continue to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of love, may you continue to reach forth to others and share that love.
Many things come to my mind when I think of mothers. My own relationship with my mother naturally comes to mind. My own skills as a mother come to mind, also. However, what comes to my mind the most is what God says about mothers and the gift that He has placed in each and every woman.
The first word that comes to mind when I think mother, is love. The love that is associated with being a mother; the caring, the concern, the loving and nurturing ways of a mother. Of course I know that not every woman that has birthed a child has motherly instincts or behaves like a mother ought to. For those women, I feel sorry for. Perhaps they never had the kind of healing love of a mother that taught and instilled in them the strengths and values of a mother who loves unconditionally.
Through out the word of God we see many mothers and their characteristics. Some were good, some were horrible, but there was a lesson to learn from each and everyone. We have prime examples in the word of God on how a mother should be. What God has ordained for the role of a mother.
Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her: Proverbs 31:10, 27-28 KJ21
When I think of my mother, I think of unconditional love. When I think on my Grams, my Nana, my Aunties; I think of unconditional love. These women who raised and taught me, showed me nothing but unconditional love. I was surrounded with an abundance of love. It wasn't until I went to college that I truly understood that not everyone was as blessed as I was when it came to that kind of love.
Do you know that love makes a difference? Do you realize how powerful unconditional love is? Do you know what the presence of abundant love will do for a child? It makes all the difference in the world.
A home that is filled with abundant love will find that there will be peace in that home. Even if there should be a little turbulence at times, peace will settle in because the love in that house commands it to be so. Love is powerful that way. And I believe most miss it, because they miss the fact that love is God and God is love. And wherever God is, there will be peace.
Each one of us comes with an abundance of love. We are born into this world, created with abundant love, waiting to be nurtured and fed. Hate is a learned behavior. And where there is an absence of love, hate and bitterness, and selfishness have the opportunity to grow.
Mothers have so much power, that I don't believe many realize it. Even while a child is in the womb, the mother has the ability to influence that child. Not by just by caring for herself physically, but also emotionally and spiritually. The connection between that child and its mother is the difference between life and death. And a woman who understands the power of love and how it can change the life of a child, is one who understands about motherhood.
Whether you gave birth to a child or chose to adopt or are mothering other children; you already know the difference that love can bring into a child's life. Mothers have the power to change the world in the way in which they love and raise their children.
I think of Moses in this instance. His birthed mother loved him and knew to save him, she must let him go. Pharaoh’s daughter loved and raised him, and gave him the love and nurturing that help shape the man that he became. With her love and the exposure she gave him to freedom, Moses was in the position to become who God ordained him to be.
Hannah, who was barren, prayed earnestly. She longed for a child. Although her husband, Elkanah, loved her and lavished her with much, it did not take away the yearning in her heart for children. Before she became a mother, Hannah had a mother's heart. She thought like a mother, loved like a mother. And God blessed her. In that love, she too recognized the gift God have given her. She nurtured her son, pouring into him all the love she had. Then, she gave Samuel back to God.
God trusted Hannah. He trusted Jochabed and the Pharaoh's daughter. He trusted them to be the mothers he ordained them to be that would bring forth mighty men. In the like, God trusts us today. He trusts us with children, to raise and strengthen them and to do right by them.
When we walk in the unconditional love of God, the abundance of that love exudes in every area of our lives. It is evident in all that we do. And that abundance of love spills over into the lives of others, bringing healing, comfort, joy, and even strength.
I can't begin to say how many times that I have been hurt to the core of my heart, and how much healing and strength I received just by being able to speak to my Mom or my Grams, and receive a refill of their abundant love. It was refreshing, and healing, and comforting.
You know that song—What the World Needs Now (Is Love) ? It's true. It needs abundant love. It needs the kind of love that mother's had back in the day when my Grandmother was raising her babies. That unconditional love. The kind of love where it did not matter whose child you were; if you needed mothering, there was someone in the community who was going to shower you with that love and wisdom. We need God love. That unconditional love that makes room for every person, no matter what path they've taken in life.
I decree that this week will find the spirit of peace and of prosperity finding permanent rest in your lives: spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, socially, and financially. Love the way God loves. Love abundantly. There is someone who needs the benefit of that love. Once again, Happy Mother's Day! You are Blessed. Now go...and Be a Blessing!
©2013. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: