Sunday, November 21, 2021

"State of Grace"

 Reflections4Life November 21, 2021

“State of Grace”
“For by grace, you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Scripture Contemplation: Esther 2; Psalm 45; 86; John 1; Acts 11:23; Romans 1; 5; Ephesians 2…

©Ruthe McDonald.

I take this time to wish this wonderful community that God has blessed me to fellowship with, a wonderful and blessed week. I pray this is a week of answered prayers! For those in the States, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! May it be a day of joy and grace, and just an extension of what each day already looks like.
I pray today’s Reflections will bring comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration; bringing peace and revelation to your heart, mind, and soul. There is a state of mind that we should all be working towards…keeping our minds stayed on Christ. It is in God we will find our peace and our comfort and our state of grace. It is in the presence of God that we come to understand just what the Grace of God truly encompasses.
I realize that it is because of the grace of God that I am not consumed by the heavy burdens faced in this life. When I want to give up and walk away, He reminds me that His grace is sufficient. That, it by His power and not of my own strength. But for the grace of God—His unmerited favor—I remain in the land of the living with another day and opportunity to live my best authentic life. Not perfect, but humble, honest, and mindful of God's grace.
Every day for years, I was guaranteed and fortunate to hear two things from my mother: "Grace and Peace!" and "I Love You". Those were constant phrases upon my mother's lips. You received that greeting when she answered the phone. Before anything else was spoken, you were greeted with, "Grace and Peace!" in a singsong manner.
The sincerity, coupled with the melodious timbre of her voice would make you smile and feel a warmth deep in your soul. Without a doubt, you knew you were speaking to someone who truly loved the Lord. And what I now understand, she was prophesying over lives. She was speaking God's grace over my life and the lives of those she encountered.
Grace, in the word of God, can be defined as God having unmerited favor or undeserving favor to those who are actually guilty or under condemnation. For me, grace is simply God's forgiveness even when I don't deserve it and have been in the wrong. It is His strength in my life when mountains of obstacles arise in my life, preventing me from moving forward.
The world's definition of grace is a way of moving that is smooth and attractive, not stiff or awkward; it is the elegance of beauty or form, manner, motion or action; a pleasant way of acting.
I can combine these definitions and describe a state of grace as being in receipt of God's forgiveness and favor, by which it allows me to move throughout life smoothly, pleasantly, with an attitude of gratitude, of thankfulness, knowing that I received a gift I didn't deserve but was given nonetheless to live my very best life possible. It is God's restoration for my life, in a season of rebuilding.
For this, and so much more, I am grateful. I am filled with gratitude to be alive. Though not everything in my life is, as I desire, I am alive, gifted with opportunities each time God wakes me. Moreover, a chance to inspire and tell someone else, that God loves them, too. In addition, to the rebuilding of my life; the restoration of strength, dreams, visions, and wherever God desires me to be. He is doing the same for you. The troubles, the rough places, the rough challenges? God's grace is going to take you where you need to be. You cannot do it by yourself; no matter how strong or wise you are. It is the grace of God that is going to get you through. God is divinely rebuilding our lives.
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. As we celebrate Thanksgiving this week. Let us remember to keep it in our hearts that each day is a day of Thanksgiving, of gratitude. Each time God grants us a new day of life, it is His grace and His love that affords us a brand new day filled with opportunities we just may not deserve but have received nonetheless. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing.
©2021. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Andre W. said...

I got a lot out of your message, Ruthe. With grace and peace, God bless you.

Ruthe McDonald said...

Andre W. Thank you for your fellowship. Praying great things for you in 2022!