Sunday, May 23, 2021

"Child-like Faith"

 Reflections4Life™ May 23, 2021

“Child-like Faith
“And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:2, 3
Scripture Contemplation: Matthew 6; 8; 18; John 20; Acts 6; 1 Thessalonians 3; Hebrews 11…

In all honesty, there is nothing more exciting and endearing to my heart than a child that is filled with hope and belief. In the beginning, a child will believe whatever you tell them as fact. They won’t question why, but take your word that what you say is true. They believe in their parents. They look to them to take care of them in every way.  For a child under seven, it takes a whole lot to believe contrary to what has been spoken to them as truth. They have faith in those they love. Blind faith. And that is the kind of faith that God desires from us.
I pray today’s Reflections brings comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration. In your quiet time this week with our Creator, let God reveal to you the truth about what is hidden in your heart. Allow Him to purge all doubt, fear, and unbelief, and grant you the gift of faith.
There is nothing you could have ever told me as a little girl that would have me doubt anything my parents told me; especially my father. And yes, I was emphatically, unequivocally, without a shadow of a doubt, a Daddy’s girl! LOL Whatever my father said, I believed him. In my eyes, the Sun rose and set at my father’s behest. Though flawed, he was perfect in my eyes, and I believed everything he ever spoke to me. I had complete faith and trust in him. I was totally devoted.
How many of us can say that about any relationship we may be in at this time? Do we have that kind of trust and faith in our loved ones? Do we have that kind of faith in God and His word spoken to us? When you think of your relationship with the heavenly Father, what stands out the most? Do you have faith in Him? Do you have that child-like faith, that regardless of whom or what, you will continue to believe in the word and promises of God?
Beloved. This is the kind of faith that God desires from us: child-like faith. There is no wrong in asking God questions; asking Him, why. There is, however, a problem when we cannot have faith in Him. When we cannot have that complete trust in Him. Though it may hurt the heart of God, we are the ones to suffer from not believing. How can we possibly receive what God has ordained for us if we do not believe in what He has spoken to us?
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Yes. There have been many delays, setbacks, and heavy things that have shaken our faith. But never lose faith. Never stop hoping. Hope is the very substance that faith is made of. Be tenacious, like a child who is relentless is asking their parent for that thing they want so much. Do not give up on the promises of God. Be like that child, and have faith that your Father will do just what He said. And Beloved? He is. Just wait and see! You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
©2021. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: