Sunday, August 08, 2021

"Good News: Prayer Still Works!"

 Reflections4Life August 8, 2021

“Good News…Prayer Still Works!”
“…being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ…” Philippians 1:6
Scripture Contemplation: Deuteronomy 28:12; 30:9; Isaiah 33:22; Isaiah 43:18-19; Matthew 26:41; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18; Matthew 6; 17:19-21; John 14:12-16; Ephesians 1:15-16; 6:18; James 5...

I know some of you don’t believe this. I know some of you have stopped believing long ago. I know that many of you have given up. I know that many are disappointed, with broken hearts and spirits today. But it’s true, Beloved. There is good news…prayer still works! Yes, it does!
I pray today’s Reflections will bring comfort and peace to your heart and mind. I decree it be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration.  I declare and decree that it brings revelation to your heart, mind, and soul. I implore you, Beloved, to make an effort this week to kick up your prayer life. Spend some quality and intimate time in the Father’s presence. Allow Him to fill you and speak to your heart. Let God show you that, yes, prayer indeed still works.
I don’t care what it looks like right now. I don’t care how hopeless a situation looks. I don’t care how many times you have felt disappointed. I don’t care how loud the enemy gets. None of this is going to change the fact that prayer still works! That is good news for you and for me! In this faith walk, we will face many trying times. We will encounter many storms in life. We will face situations that seem impossible. Yet, there is one weapon that we have that has been severely underused and misused: Prayer.
You don’t have to believe me today. You don’t have to take my word for it. That is why I am asking you to try it for yourself. To pray. Pray from your heart. Pray according to the will of God. Pray with a belief that you have already received what you have prayed for. Pray consistently and with purposeful intent. And whatever you do, do not let go, because God is answering. In His way. In His time. So, just know that what you ask for, the answer may not come in the package or the way you desire or imagined. However, if your heart is open to God, He will show you exactly how the answer(s) manifest.
Prayer still works. How do I know? Because I prayed and God answered. I prayed and continued to pray; even when it seemed to take a long time in coming. I am still praying. And though I am in the midst of a storm and fiery battle—I am continuing to pray, because that is my best defense. My best piece of armor that I will not allow the enemy to take from me…anymore.
Yes. Anymore. Because I know exactly how it feels to lack in your prayer life. You don’t even realize it until it is upon you. For whatever the reasons, many of us have slacked in our prayer life. We have not put on our armor of God; especially the armor of prayer. And we wonder why we are facing such devastation and battles and wonder where God is. God is where He has always been: waiting. Waiting for us to pray. To pray without ceasing. Praying fervently. Praying with belief.
Beloved, I don’t care what you are facing right now. I am telling you, that prayer still works. If you pray according to the will of God. If you pray the way God has taught us to pray. If you pray with believing that you have already received what you have prayed for. I guarantee you that prayer still works. If you seek God’s face early in the morning. If you seek Him throughout the day. If you make God your first phone call and pray according to His will, you will not only see that prayer still works, you will see your life and circumstances begin to change.
Pray without ceasing simply means that you are praying until something happens. P.U.S.H. Push through the negativity. Push through the heartache and disappointments. Push through the lies of the enemy. Push through the circumstances. Push through the storms. It may or may not happen today or tomorrow or this week, but it will happen! The manifestations will take place. Because you can believe that the moment you prayed, God heard it and answered it. However, there are principalities in the atmosphere that try and hold up the manifestations of our prayer. (Read Daniel 10:12-14) And these principalities gain strength and power when we doubt. When we don’t believe. When we stop praying. When we speak negatively. When we cease hitting our knees and pray about everything and all things. But make no mistakes: Prayer Still Works! God is not only listening, but He is also answering and we must do our part by continuing to pray, no matter what it looks or feels like. That we will put on the armor of prayer and stand our ground and believe with all our heart that God has not only heard us but has answered, no matter how long it takes to manifest. Be determined not to give up. Hold on. Have faith. And keep praying until something happens.
James 5:17-18 “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.”
It is burning in my soul today, Beloveds. It is burning with an intensity to let you know, that without a shadow of doubt in my heart and mind, that prayer still works. And that is good news! We have been going through horrific times. We have been hit left and right. We have and are weathering some dangerous storms. But, yet, I tell you today that prayer still works! How do I know? Because I tried for myself and I cried unto the Lord. And although the circumstances did not change in the flesh right at that moment, I felt a peace in my heart and soul that let me know God not only heard but that He sure enough answered and all I have to do is keep believing, receiving, and praying.
Listen; you don’t have to take my word for it. And I encourage you not to just take my word for it. Try it for yourself. Give God the next 21 days of your mornings. Give God your first fruits of the day. Let Him be the first one you speak to. Let Him be the first person you check in with. Not your loved ones. Not your social media, and emails; not your job; not your problems or your troubles, but God! I dare you to come before Him first. Ten minutes. That’s all I am asking you to commit to. Ten minutes in the morning. Ten minutes in the afternoon. Ten minutes at night. Thirty minutes out of 24 hours. Pray. Communicate with the Father. Be earnest. Be sincere. Talk to the Father. Listen to the Father, and I promise you—there will be a difference in your life. I’m telling you: Prayer still works! And that’s why the enemy is doing everything to try and stop you. To prevent you from opening your mouth and your heart. But the devil is a lie! And God is truth. And I know, you are going to accept this challenge and prove that prayer, indeed, still works! Hallelujah!
My Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity find permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. I dare you! Prove it! Prayer still works! Give God your time. Supplicate to the Father. Believe that what you are praying for has already been answered. Keep praying until something happens. Let God wipe away every doubt. Let Him rip up every seed of unbelief that has been planted by the enemy’s whispers that have brought weeds of destruction to your heart and desires. Let God show you that, yes, prayer indeed still works! You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
©2021. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: