Sunday, January 19, 2014

Reflections4Life: "No Regrets Allowed"

Reflections4Life January 19th, 2014
No Regrets Allowed”
You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; Then I’d never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.” Psalm 119:4-6 (MESSAGE)
Scripture Contemplation: Psalm 119:1-8; Proverbs 5:7-4; Isaiah 49; 2 Corinthians 7...
There are signs for many things telling us what is not allowed. No Pets Allowed. No Smoking Allowed. No Drinking Allowed. No Food Allowed. And I could go on. There should be one that we all apply to our lives: No Regrets Allowed. We should make our lives a regret-free zone, and learn to live each day with the purpose and intent that God designed us to live.
I declare and decree that this week's Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart, mind, and soul. May your life be filled with purposeful living; with the intent on living each day as the gift that it is. Relishing in the joy and love that is our Heavenly Father.
That old Frank Sinatra song is ringing in my head right now: My Way...and the part where he says he had a few regrets, but too few to mention. How many of us can say that we have lived our lives with very few regrets? Better yet; how many of us can say we did it God's way, and because we did, our lives have very few regrets to speak of?
This past week, I learned some very hurtful news. A dear friend of mine is in the throws of transitioning. Her mother wrote a note on her FB wall and encouraged all of her friends to pray for her daughter, as she only has a few days left. She asked that each of her friends would pray that the angels would carry her with peace and grace.
I cried for what seemed like hours. I cannot believe she is going. I cannot believe that I won't be able to just reach out and say hello, or receive one of her notes and flowers, with the words saying: Just thought I'd tell you that I love you!
Even through her most painful battles, she spent time letting the people she loved know how much she loved and appreciated them. She lived each day with a passion and purpose. The outpouring of love that she is receiving is just a reflection of the beautiful soul that she is. If she had any regrets, she did not mention them. If she was not satisfied with her life, you would never know. She lived her life in such a way that was filled with gratitude and love, that there was no room for regrets.
How many of us can say that we are living our lives to the very best that God has intended? How many of us have learned to appreciate each day, and live it with such purpose, that one would be hard-pressed to say you had any regrets?
We never really know when our moment of transition is going to come. When it does, I want to have no regrets. I want my life to be a regret-free zone. And I want to surround myself with like-minded people. People who are living their life on purpose with purpose. People who are sold out to doing it God's way, and can see every aspect of their life as a gift; regardless of the obstacles and tests that come their way.
I find that we spend much time picking apart our lives; deciding what's wrong with it, and the things we want to change about it. But how many times have we counted what is right about it? How many times have we thanked God for the blessings in our lives? How many of us have taken the time to count all the good that God has blessed us with? How many have taken the time to say thank you for being alive? For having a roof over your head? Clothes on your back? Or, are you too overwhelmed with what you don't like, that you cannot see God's beauty that stares at you each and every day?
Will you join me today in making your life a regret-free zone? Will you commit to making sure there are no regrets allowed in your life or around you? I found the best way to ensure this:
Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires of your heart.”
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.”
I will cherish every moment I had with my dear friend. I will remember the joy and laughter that she brought into my life. I will celebrate the woman that she is, and the angel that God blessed her to be to so many. I will see a beautiful bouquet of flowers and think of her, and say: “Cool Beans!” I will remind myself each day to say, Thank You. And to let someone else know how much they are loved and appreciated.
Life is too short and too precious to have nothing but regrets. Life is what you make it. And when you determine to live it with a heart of gratitude, you will find that there are very few regrets that will come to mind.
I decree that the spirit of peace and of prosperity has found permanent rest in every area of your lives. God has designed you with purpose. Live your life in such a manner that you ask God, what's next? Instead of: What did I miss? Let the joy of the Lord fill your hearts and minds. Allow Him to lead you into that ordained path, that will leave your life with no time for regrets. Get busy living, and doing things God's way. You are Blessed. Now go...and Be a Blessing!

©2014. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: