Sunday, September 09, 2018

"A Celebration of Your Life"


Reflections4Life September 9, 2018
“A Celebration of Your Life”
“Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15
Scripture Contemplation: Deuteronomy 28; Luke 15; Romans 5; 6…
©Ruthe McDonald

I decree that this week’s Reflections will be a continued source of encouragement and inspiration for your heart mind and soul. Allow the precious love of God fill every part of your heart, taking residence in your mind, and bringing healing to every wound ever inflicted over the years. Allow God the honor of filling your life with His everlasting joy and peace, as you celebrate the gift that is your life. Not taking a moment given for granted.
Dear Community of Faith,
It is with a heart of gratitude and a bit of sadness that I come to you today. This past Thursday I celebrated my Birthday. It was a beautiful day regardless of my present circumstances and current life trials. God blessed me with a new year of life and another year of His manifest blessings; another year to fellowship, minister, and to teach.
This past year has brought many heartaches. Some that I thought I would never get through but I did. Because God is on my side and His will is being done. I could either count all the things that are wrong, or count and be grateful for all the things that have gone right, the blessings of God, and His promises that are coming to pass soon. I chose the latter. Because I understand that a grateful heart and attitude is conducive to the blessings of God manifesting and for the angels to come on my behalf.
As I celebrated my life, thanking God and all of those that celebrated with me and wished me well, I could not help but to thank God. Not everything may be the way I want it but I am alive and in my right mind and have the ability to wait on God, as I work diligently in faith for all things to line up with His word concerning me. I have so much to be thankful for; so many blessings and open doors, and a plethora of ideas birthed in my heart and soul. There were some bumps in the road but none that trumped God’s divine will!
Life is not always, what we want. Things do not always turn out the way we desire. However, if we truly believe God for working all things out, then we can walk with a heart and mind filled with peace and the joy of the Lord, which is our strength.
The following night, after my birthday, I learned that a first cousin of mine passed away. It took me by surprise. The entire family was shaken with unbelief. I had just prayed with him the week before, as he was not feeling well. Let me just say this: Cancer sucks! It really does. The toll it takes on a body can last for years, as it did with my cousin. Charlie and I did not grow up knowing one another, even though we were first cousins. We connected years later. We talked ever so often, and the conversations were wonderful and insightful. I can say this (which brings some comfort,) he knew the Lord and had a personal relationship with our Creator. I cannot begin to tell you how much he will be missed.
All of this—my birthday, his death—and the upcoming seventeenth year of “9/11”—has my heart and mind focusing on the precious gift of God, which is my life. No matter what things may appear to be, and what I have to go through, I am alive! I am here, with a purpose! Things do not have to be perfect for me to say Thank You, Jesus! Because every day the Father grants me to see, is a celebration of my life; a celebration of the gift and miracle of life.
Beloved, there will be times, situations, circumstances, and people that will come in your life and try to tell you what you do not deserve or what you are not qualified to do. But I am telling you now, to take every gift of a new day, celebrate your life, and get about the Father’s business. God has a plan and purpose for everything that has occurred in your life. Every unexplainable thing. Every hurtful thing. Every heartbreaking thing. Every confusing thing. And indeed, every good thing.
God has placed a light in each of us. His light. God has called many to change the world. To touch lives in a positive way. To bring the love of God to people who have given up on humanity and believe there is no God. There are those who God has chosen to triumph over every adversity and become that man or woman He has ordained us to be before we were even conceived in our mother’s womb.
There are some of us that cannot see. We do not recognize our gifts and talents. We do not see the light in us that cause some people to dislike us on site; even hate us, and try maligning our character every opportunity they get. Listen; just as God has sent His angels to watch over us, and has sent those in our lives to protect us; the enemy has sent his cohorts to trip us up, to destroy us, to rob us, and even try and kill us.
But God, Beloveds! God sees all and knows all. Even when we are not aware, God is moving on our behalf and we must hold onto Him and seek His face. Sometimes we do not see ourselves the way God does or even get why the enemy is so scared. However, God knows, and He will use the enemy to place you in the right positions for the greatest impact of your life will have for many others.
God will take you from obscurity and ridicule to sitting before Kings and Queens, in front of people that can aid you in doing what He has placed in you to do. He will raise you up—using your enemy and their jealousy—to position you in your place of greatness and influence. Even when you don’t see it, your adversity will become your teacher. Your afflictions your greatest strength and character builder.
You may not see it or feel it right now. But I promise you—God is moving on your behalf and positioning you for every good and perfect gift He has ordained for your life and for the lives of those He has assigned you to.
Beloveds, may the spirit of peace and prosperity finds permanent rest in your lives. I decree that every good thing that God has ordained for your life will become evident to you. Celebrate your life. Celebrate the gift of life that God has granted you along with the opportunities He is placing before you each day He grants you life. Do not allow time, mistakes, the past, or anything keep you from living the life God has ordained for you. Seize every moment and remember to thank God always. You are blessed. Now go…and be a blessing!
Your Friend and Sister in God,
Rue


©2018. Ruthe McDonald. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: